Here at Topaz Labs we’ve been busy at work and are happy to finally announce the release of Topaz ReMask 4! New to Topaz ReMask? Well it’s your lucky day as the program is now 50% off ($34.99) until the end of July with the coupon code JULYREMASK. Don’t miss out on this amazing deal! (Get a free 30 day trial here.)ReMask’s sleek new interface
If you own ReMask 3 or an older version, then this is a free upgrade!
To upgrade: Simply close out of all open host editors (i.e. Photoshop) and download the software from our downloads page. Version 4 will not override version 3, so you may uninstall the older version if you’d prefer.
Important: if using our standalone editor photoFXlab, you’ll also need to upgrade that program to its latest version (v1.2.8) from our downloads page before you can access ReMask 4 there.
ReMask is also not compatible with Lightroom, Aperture or iPhoto as it requires layers and transparency to function (something these programs do not support). You can however, access ReMask in Lr, iPhoto and Aperture by using photoFXlab as the external editor, rather than Fusion Express.
About Topaz ReMask
Topaz ReMask is our innovative masking plugin designed to create high quality extractions and masks, saving you the headache of dealing with other, harder to use masking tools.Before & After Topaz ReMask
Often, elements of an image are required to be isolated from the background, either for selective adjustments or a background replacement. Depending on the subject, this can be quite a struggle to do (like extracting a cat’s wispy whiskers or a tree with lots of branches & leaves).Before & After Topaz ReMask
ReMask streamlines this task into a seamless process, using intuitive tri-map technology to get the job done with ease. With Topaz ReMask you’ll save time and conquer frustration by eliminating the busy work of using masks, paths, layer adjustments, selections and eraser tools to isolate a subject in your image.ReMask’s Trimap Technology
New ReMask 4 Features
1. Updated user interface. With a new and polished design, ReMask is now more intuitive and easier to use.
2. Edge Shift detection. This new refining adjustment lets you shift the mask edge by a few pixels in either direction.
3. New names for brushes. The brushes from older versions have been renamed as follows:
- The Basic brush is now called the Primary brush.
- The Single Color Selection brush is now called the Color Range brush (works well with hair, fur & trees).
- The Dual Color Selection brush is now called the Transparency brush (works for transparent objects like wedding veils or a ballerina’s tutu).
4. Speed Boost. Improved and faster speed with the High Quality Foreground Recovery algorithm. The Low Quality option has been obsoleted.
System Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8; Intel-based Macs 10.6 and above (64-bit only). Host Requirements: CS3-CS6, Photoshop Creative Cloud, PSE6-PSE12, Corel Paintshop Pro, photoFXlab, Serif Photo Plus.
NOT COMPATIBLE with iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, Ifranview and PhotoImpact (however ReMask can be accessed via photoFXlab as an external editor for Lr, Aperture and iPhoto).
See more examples of what ReMask can do in our ReMask gallery! Submit your own before and afters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more tutorials on the new ReMask 4! Currently you may find several workflows using ReMask 4 in our updated user manual, starting at page 21.