Introducing Topaz Clarity
Topaz Labs is happy to announce the release of Topaz Clarity! The technology behind this new plug-in allows for intelligent enhancements in contrast and clarity with absolutely no artifacts or halos.
1. Selective Contrast Control: With Clarity, we have developed a cutting-edge process of selecting specific contrast variations in your original image, allowing you to quickly target and then increase or decrease the contrast and clarity in that specific variation.
2. Breakthrough Halo-Free Algorithm: Boost contrast and clarity without emphasizing transitions between light and dark areas, eliminating the common problem of halos, noise and artifacts.
3. Advanced Hue/Saturation/Luminance Technology: Using IntelliColor technology, you can easily enhance your image with the HSL filter, getting stronger, yet more natural HSL adjustments.
4. Re-Imagined Masking Workflow: The masking module, now attached to each adjustment tab contains a comprehensive set of tools including an edge-aware brush, gradient mask, smart feather tool, color aware tool and more.
5. User Interface Design: With Clarity, we have continued to develop a cleaner, more modern and efficient interface to improve usability, workflow and overall aesthetics.
A Special Offer for You!
Purchase Topaz Clarity for $29.99 until 5/31/13 using the discount code: claritynew
Or test out a free 30-day trial here.
How to Download and Install
The software can be downloaded from topazlabs.com/downloads
***Note: if using photoFXlabs, you will need to update it with the latest installer from our downloads page as well.
Compatible with: Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, photoFXlabs, iPhoto, Aperture, Photo Impact, Serif Photo Plus, Paintshop Pro (see the full compatibility report here).
See here for additional set-up instructions: topazlabs.com/setup
More Examples of Clarity in Action
- Easy Edit with Topaz Clarity –The Red Barn by Joanne West
- Landscape Tutorial with Topaz Clarity by Joe Reardon
- Seascape Tutorial with Topaz Clarity by Joe Reardon
- Architecture and Automobile Clarity Tutorial by Mike Rogers
- Video by Hal Schmitt
Before and Afters:
***A special thanks to Adrian Theze of Cornwall Photographic, Joanne West, Steve Rich, Rachael Towne, Gabriel Fontes, Anthony Gouge and Don Gilmore for providing images used in the post.
Gallery Images: Check out the Topaz Clarity Gallery for user submitted images! And don’t forget to submit your own images edited with Clarity (or any other Topaz plug-in) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading and for your interest in Topaz Labs! We look forward to continuing to provide you with timely updates and useful software.