Here at Topaz Labs we are excited to announce the release of our 15th photo-editing program Topaz Impression!
Topaz Impression transforms your photos into realistic looking works of fine art…oil painting, graphite drawing, watercolor and more! Rework your photo by applying a one-click preset such as ‘Van Gogh’ or create your own effect by choosing from 14 different realistic brushes. You can then adjust that brush as desired, manipulating its length, width, volume and how much is applied.
The name of this program was inspired by the style of painting called Impressionism that emerged in France in the mid-19th century. Impressionism was a reaction to Realism, a form of painting that aimed to depict the subject exactly as shown. Tired of focusing on reality and the ego, painters like Monet, Renoir and Degas branched out of the norm and paid less attention to a scene’s details and more so to the lighting and color, hence the need to paint with sketchy brushwork and thick strokes (impasto) before the sun changed and the colors went dull.
While a photo is a record of a moment in time, Topaz Impression alters this reality, allowing you to creatively change this realistic recording of light into a new work of art. From impasto oil paintings to Da Vinci inspired sketches, it’s your turn to be the artist!
1. Presets and Collections inspired by art history and different artistic styles. Choose one of 47 custom curated presets from six collections including: Ancient, Impressionistic, Modern, Painting, Pencil and Charcoal & Pastel. You might just find that the Da Vinci Sketch, Chiaroscuro or Cezanne effect is your favorite.
2. 14 simulated brush strokes. Actual media strokes using oil paint, colored pencil, watercolor and so on were scanned and masked out with Topaz ReMask to put into the program’s algorithm.
3. HSL Technology in 8-Colors. Easily adjust the hue, saturation and lightness of the overall image or by individually selecting one of 8 different colors including red, orange, yellow, green, aqua, blue, purple and magenta.
4. Lighting Effects. Add to your artwork by adjusting the contrast, brightness, vignette and light direction.
5. Textures. Choose from dozens of surface textures including brick, canvas, wood, rock and several different types of paper.Choose from 72 textures in Topaz Impression.
6. User Interface Design. With Impression we have continued to develop a cleaner, more modern and efficient interface to improve usability, workflow and overall aesthetics.
Topaz Impression works as a standalone editor, meaning you do you need a compatible host editor to use the program. Please note that to use Topaz Impression your system must meet these requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
- Windows 7 x64 + OpenGL3.2 (not compatible with 32bit Win)
Plugin and External Editor Compatibility
- Photoshop CS4+
- Photoshop Creative Cloud
- Photoshop Elements 6+
- Paintshop Pro X
- Serif PhotoPlus X5+
- Lightroom as an external editor
- Aperture as an external editor
- iPhoto as an external editor
- NOT compatible with photoFXlab or Fusion Express
Please see our knowledge base at topazlabs.com/support should you need additional assistance.
See more examples in our Impression gallery!