About Topaz Star Effects™
Star Effects gives you creative control over the various light and reflective sources in your image. You can easily manipulate and enhance the lighting sources to create unique light and star effects. So let’s take a quick look at what’s waiting for you in the new program!
How it works:
Step 1: Light Source and Star Type Selection
As with all Topaz programs, Star Effects™ will come with a variety of default presets. You’ll be able to open the program and select one of those presets and it will automatically detect the light sources in your image and apply the effect to those light sources. Additionally, you’ll have selective control over the affected light sources via the Star Selection Brush. This brush will allow you to individually select which light sources in your image to include/exclude. In addition to selecting your light sources, you can also choose the type of star effect that you want to apply – choose from options like traditional, starburst, cross star, hollywood star and more!
Step 2: Setting Effect Characteristics
The Main Adjustments tab is where your selected light sources come to life! Here you can control the appearance of your selected light sources. In additional to adjusting the number of points (1 to 32) you can also control the strength, visibility and intensity of your added lighting and star effects using the included sliders.
Step 3: Customized Tweaking
Your created lighting and star effects are fully customizable – with the added adjustment controls for color, temperature, secondary spikes, glow and ring flare. Just go into the Color Adjustments and Additional Adjustments tabs to tweak these parameters to your satisfaction.
Uses for Topaz Star Effects™
Topaz Star Effects™ can be a useful tool for adding a finish touch to a variety of photography types including:
– Enhancing the appearance of stars, sun and moon (great for Astrophotography)
– Adding a bling or sparkling effect to jewelry
– Adding a shimmering effect to water or other reflective surfaces
– Enhancing night photography and cityscape lights
– Adding a eye gleam/twinkle
1. Star Stack-a-bility. Star Effects™ includes the Apply button (one of the most user-requested features!) which allows you to stack multiple star effects (with different characteristics) during the same workflow.
2. Effect Extraction. Star Effects™ offers two viewing/editing modes (located in the Star Settings tab) – combined and Stars only. The combined mode allows you to see your base image along with the applied star effects. The Stars only mode allows you to view just your added star effects (on a black background) without your base image. What’s unique about this is that you also have the option of saving just the created star effects back to Photoshop (or your other host program) – just make sure that the Stars Only mode is selected before you click the OK button. This is great for creating your own backgrounds.
3. No loss of contrast – which can occur with the use of traditional glass filters.
Once the new Topaz Star Effects™ is available we will send out a newsletter announcement with trial sign-ups and purchasing details – and there will be a special introductory discount. If you are not currently signed up to receive the Topaz newsletter you can sign up now online at: www.topazlabs.com/list
Sneak Peek Webinars:
We invite you to join us at one of our sneak peek webinars to check out the new Topaz Star Effects™ in action. We’ll also be giving away some FREE copies of Topaz Star Effects™ so a few lucky attendees! Click below to sign up.
Topaz Star Effects™ Sneak Peek webinar 1
Tuesday, January 24 – 1pm Central (11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 7pm GMT)
Click here to register
Topaz Star Effects™ Sneak Peek webinar 2
Wednesday, January 25 – 11am Central (9am PDT, 12pm EDT, 5pm GMT)
Click here to register